Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Days of 47

Last night, July 25th, marked the official end to the "Days of 47". There were concerts, rodeos, parades, fireworks... and now it is DONE for another year. Daniel and Grace and the kids were

headed up to the "fire road" to watch the fireworks, so I invited them over for a quick "delivery" pizza before they headed out. They ate their fill and off the went. While I waited for the fireworks to start, I was once again greeted by a glorious sunset from my back yard. Yes, you will see a few of these from time to time on the blog. They can be absolutely beautiful.

With the new laws enacted during this past Utah State Legislature, the laws controlling fireworks were relaxed (obviously) a great deal. I didn't have to travel up the mountain like the kids to see the firework displays. I saw some great ones from just down the hill from a local neighborhood as well as others across the valley. Apparently, great fun was had by all! Luckily, I woke up this morning to NO fires on the mountainside, so we really did make it through another "47"holiday unscathed.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, we KNOW you get stunning sunsets. I am now forced to add mine to show you that BKK can compete, though in a more cosmopolitan setting. I have to admit though, that sunset is really pretty.

    Did you use the firework setting on your camera? I have yet to try that on mine. How many firework events do we have in BKK and yet when you want one, there isn't one to be found! Mind you, come November 5th (UK fireworks night) I shall be in that hotel next to the club, with my camera poised.

    ReplyDelete