Friday, 31 January 2014

BANGKOK PROTESTS - BANGKOK SHUTDOWN

By now we are all used to seeing these marches around various parts of Bangkok but I had to laugh yesterday as on this march along Sukhumvit, they had really got into the singing, led by this man on a truck,

He was clearly into the singing as he strutted his stuff (well, strutted on the spot as he was on the top of a truck with a bunch of flag wavers) and the crowd shook those little plastic clappy hands that protestors like so much here, in time to his singing.  It was actually quite effective.
I walked against the crowd as far as Emporium.  When I came out an hour later, it was still coming past.

Remember that little camera drone in an earlier post?  Here is one in action outside Emporium.  Look in the middle of the picture and you will see the white drone flying over the crowd.
They remind me of one of those kid's sci-fi films featuring chubby school kids on bikes and saving the world, that we watched when we were younger.  It looks like a sort of alien mothership for vertically challenged aliens.
This is the guy operating it.  Janice I think we should ask for one of these for Christmas, just think how much stealth photography we could do!!!
 Okay, today is Friday and the election is on Sunday.  Things could get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment