Tuesday, 28 June 2011

A weekend at the Fulay in Hua Hin

Chilling out on the deck of the Thai House, Fulay Hotel
I tried to find somewhere to stay in Hua Hin, but for ease we decided to go to the Fulay where Janice & I stayed.

Janice, do you remember the Thai house at the end of the pier?  We hired that.

The house was cute, but the bathroom was basic and the hot water just never arrived.  On the plus side it was comfortable and was away from the other rooms so in theory was quiet.  I say in theory because they were working on one of the other rooms on Saturday when we arrived, so there was some drilling.  I thought Alan would be really angry, but he took it in his stride.  Sort of!

On Sunday evening when we arrived home from dinner, I went into the bathroom, switched the light on and there was the biggest cockroach you have seen, sitting on my facecloth!  I'm not sure which of us moved faster.  I am quite proud that I didn't scream, well it was more of a muffled yell.  Luckily I had packed the Baygon, and Alan zapped him for all he was worth.  Well, another hole was added to the ozone layer, but on the plus side, I was finally able to pee.  With the door open.  With Alan on high alert.  I insisted that the toilet light be left on all night to hopefully stop more from coming up the drain again.  Not that it mattered, I was too traumatised (read scared) to go back into the loo.  I held on all night.

Of course I didn't want the facecloth again, so I threw it away.  When we checked out, we left our bags at the hotel and went to the pub.  On our return, the cleaner had retrieved the facecloth from the bin, and folded it on top of my suitcase!  I made Alan move it off (well I wasn't going to touch it) and just leave it in the storeroom.

Oh one last funny.  The lady that booked us in recognised me from our visit last year.  She looked at me and said, 'yes you were here before, but you were a lot ... ' at that point she realised what she was saying, paused and said 'slimmer I think'.  Nice save!

Okay ladies, do you recognise this place?  Answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment