Thursday, 19 December 2013

Marching To Government House

There was another march today, which came down from Petchaburi Rd into Asoke, along Sukhumvit and on to Government House.  I caught up with it between Nana and Asoke, capturing most of these photos at the top of my road. 

As usual, it was a carnival atmosphere with lots of whistles and waving and of course loudspeakers blaring their political message (some of which was in English - I and some tourists were thanked for coming out to support them!!!).



 I have to say, these masks are actually quite scary when someone approaches you wearing them.


 I'm still trying to understand the political message here - eat dog pooh perhaps???
This couple are recycling people and not you would think, natural supporters of this political group.  I guess they saw an opportunity, wrapped a bandana round their heads and tied a flag to their cart and joined in.  They collected cans and plastics.
 There were quite a few dos on the march.  One old lady came past on her bike with about three dogs in baskets.


Oh well, another zany day in Bangkok!

1 comment:

  1. The fun and games in Bangkok never end. I'm almost looking forward to some of this when I get there in January. Just don't have a sit down at the airport! Great pics by the way. jt

    ReplyDelete